I worked at Guerrilla Games as an Asset artist on their new ip Horizon: Zero dawn from October 2014 to August 2016.
My jorney started as an environment art intern where my daily tasks included; assembling building structures from modular assets, populating the world with assets, creating speedmodels from concept art for outsourcing as well as exporting and importing for use in engine.
My daily tasks and responsibilities as an Asset Artist included but were not limited to:
• Create benchmark assets for outsourcing and provide feedback on each step in the asset art production pipeline to outsourcing artists(e.g. highpoly, topology, uv, material definitions and textures)
• Polishing and redoing assets that were not up to standard from the outsourcing such as highpoly,topologies, uv and material and textures.
• Create assets from concept art from start to finish (highpoly, low poly, uv, textures) as well as implement and test in engine.
• Create and polish assets for marketing purpose such as for the trailers.
• Review, create and test lods and collisions for assets in engine
Below are a small selection from some of the models I made for Horizon: Zero Dawn.
This is a small selection of sculpts I made for Horizon: Zero Dawn, either created entirely by myself or in part kitbashed as detailed at the bottom. Credits to the concept-team for creating fun and challenging concepts to work from, and to the artists at the outsourcing studios for providing brushes and sculpts. .
Torch, Candles and Bowl - made as a cinematic prop for the trailers and ingame for the Nora tribe theme. Sculpt is made by me except for hay and bottom handle rope of the torch, which is provided by the outsourcing vendors. Pot with food, Mug and Small brush - ingame assets made by me
Train boogie highpoly made for Horizon: Zero dawn. I had the honor to do the highpoly for this piece which served as a benchmark asset for the outsourcing vendors and ended up in the final game for the Ruins old world theme. The outsourcing artists took this piece applied an aging rust pass and made the low poly and textures
Candles and the candle bowl is made for cinematic purpose as well as ingame use. All textures and models, including lods are made by me, except for the birch wood with rope that was made by the talented outsourcing artists.
I did the wood textures and a polish texture pass on the roof as well as the ropes for this Nora tribe watch tower.
Thanks to the in-house concept artist for making the concept and to the environment team for assembling the tower from the modular pieces. Also credits to the outsourcing artist for making the sculpts and game meshes.
©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Horizon Zero Dawn is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC. Developed by Guerrilla
© 2019 Kim Aava | Offical portfolio